Thursday, December 15, 2016

during this first and sudden blizzard,

when a normally 30-min drive home took 2.5 hours
when i had to switch between the heater and the window because the heater was giving me a headache
when the window--or, more specifically, the -20C--gave me a different kind of headache
when i had to put on my hat but take off my much-too-warm coat
when i thought, "the good news is we're barely moving"; and then, "the bad news is we're barely moving"
when my filling decided to ache at the worst possible moment
when i got so hungry i thought, "if i have an accident here, god forbid, the police will have to feed me before i'm able to speak"
when my fear made me forget my hunger

when i was met with songs, aash, and warmth, after the final insult of the temporarily blocked driveway

No comments:

Post a Comment